Thank you for shopping with Ren River!
Now that you have received your items, below are some tips to care for them.
Most of Ren River's items are costume jewelry, unless stated otherwise. Costume jewelry are made of non precious materials that are less valuable than fine jewelry, and usually feature glass, beads, and synthetic stones. Our metal pieces are usually brass, zinc alloy, and gold or silver plated unless stated otherwise. The finish on plated jewelry may fade progressively over time from wear and tear.
You may take the following precautions to ensure longer wear and care for your jewelry.
- Avoid contact with perfume, hair sprays, lotions or other chemicals
- It is a good idea to remove your jewellery before you jump into a swimming pool and the sea.
- To prevent your rings from premature fading, it will be best to remove your rings before washing your hands
- To maintain your jewellery, please use a soft cloth to give them a wipe after every wear to remove sweat, natural body oils, perfumes before storing.
- Oxidisation, discolouration or tarnishing will eventually occur over time, especially in gold and silver plated jewellery if left exposed to open air. Please store your jewellery in an enclosed container or jewellery box.